Seeking health benefits through the Oregon Health Plan?
If you have any questions about how to apply for the Oregon Health Plan, call 1-800-699-9075 or contact your local DHS branch office.
Am I eligible?
Low-income Oregonians may be eligible for other Oregon Health Plan options. The federal Medicaid plans are administered by Oregon Health Authority.
OHP Plus is for people who are elderly, sight impaired, disabled, under age 19, pregnant or receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits.
- OHP Plus includes the Children's Health Insurance program (CHIP), the no-cost public assistance option of the Healthy Kids Program.
- CHIP is for children younger than 19 living in households with incomes below 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
Households may qualify for other assistance through the Office of Private Health Partnerships. Programs include the Family Health Insurance Assistance Program and KidsConnect, the private insurance option of the Healthy Kids program.
How do I apply?
To apply for OHP Plus (Medicaid) or any of the Healthy Kids programs:
- Fill out and submit the online Oregon Health Plan application.
- Or request printed versions of the application packet from the following locations:
- Local DHS branches (or call 1-800-699-9075).
- Oregon Health Plan outreach sites, including hospitals, county health departments, migrant health centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
When will I find out if I am accepted?
If you applied for medical assistance from DHS, your worker will let you know within 45 calendar days of getting a completed application. If DHS has to determine if you qualify for medical assistance based on a disability, it may take longer to make a decision.
If you do not receive anything after 45 days, you can contact the office where you applied to ask about the status of your application. If you applied for medical assistance online or by mailing in your application, you can call the OHA Statewide Medical Processing Center at 1-800-699-9075.
Where can I get more information?
Is there other help?